This course is modular with the first module of 3.5hrs designed to highlight drivers’ responsibilities under drivers’ hours’ legislation.
The second module of 3.5hrs is the drivers’ responsibility for making sure the vehicle is roadworthy.
Course content Module 1
• EU drivers’ hours’ rules and working time regulations
• Use of the recording equipment (analogue and digital tachograph)
• Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements
• Enforcement practices and procedures
• Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and vehicle operator
• Benefits of attending
• Develop knowledge of drivers’ hours, working time and tachograph rules
• Offers detailed practical instruction on how to record the rules using the recording equipment
• Gain a full appreciation of how drivers’ hours’ compliance relates to the operator licence obligations
• Understand the potential penalties for non-compliance
Course content Module 2
• The course focuses on the importance of driving roadworthy HGVs
• The role of the driver in ensuring that vehicles are safe and legal at all times.
• The moral, economic and legal importance of operating safe and roadworthy vehicles
• Drivers’ roles and responsibilities within the HGV safety system
• Vehicle checks and defect reporting
• The risks, penalties and consequences of driving with an un-roadworthy vehicle
IMPORTANT: Any driver attending the course must have their identity checked by either a photo card driving licence, Operator card (Tachograph Card) or a Driver Qualification Card (DQC). This will allow FBG Training to register the driver onto the Transport for London master SUD database which confirms the driver has attended the course.
You MUST show your Driver Qualification Card to the camera. This check ensures you are eligible for Driver CPC periodic training.
All bookings are subject to our Cancellation Policy and by registering for a course you are agreeing to its terms. Email email@example.com for cancellation policy.
If you have a learning disability and require additional support, please contact FBG Training at info@fbgtraining or alternatively on 07912244670.
*If you have taken your test for a Cat C AFTER 2009 you must bring your driver qualification card with you to the training. *
This course contains content relevant to drivers that hold a vocational category C1, C, CE. The course content is not fully aligned to drivers with a vocational category D1, D, DE. The holder of these categories, however can attend and gain their 7hrs.
*Occasionally images or video footage may be taken on our courses. By booking onto the course, you are complying with Farrow Browne Gryspeerdt Ltd terms and conditions that if images or video footage is taken, it will only be used for marketing purposes on our website or social media pages.
(If you do not wish to participate in any imagery or videography, it is your responsibility to contact Farrow Browne Gryspeerdt Ltd before your course date.) *