A one-day course developed specifically for drivers of commercial vehicles.As London grows, so does traffic congestion and air pollution. This has a major and damaging impact on public health. Nearly 9,500 people die early each year in London because of poor air quality. LoCity Driving features classroom-based modules to help drivers and transport managers save fuel and reduce the environmental impact of commercial vehicles. The benefits of LoCity training
- LoCity is a seven-hour, CPC Accredited course.
- LoCity focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGV’s by reducing emissions using journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving and alternative fuels.
- The LoCity course is approved by FORS and the DVSA.
- LoCity Driving is essential training for all HGV commercial drivers and will be applicable to all sectors.
- What will you learn about?
- Air quality and fuel efficiency.
- How vehicle checks, and maintenance can help reduce emissions.
- Fuel-efficient driving techniques.
- The benefits of journey planning.
- How to use in-vehicle technology to improve driving performance.
- Alternative Fuels in commercial vehicle fleets.
- Course Duration & Delegate numbers
- The LoCITY Driving course is 7 hours of learning and can facilitate up to 24 people per course.
Please note: Travel costs are not included.
It is your responsibility to ensure you plan your journey in advance. If you do not attend there will be no refund of your course fee. If you turn up after the course has started you will be refused entry and any rebooking will be subject to a full rebooking fee.
Free Parking is available on site – Please see Reception for Visitor Parking.
Refreshment: Tea, coffee and water is available.
IMPORTANT: Any driver attending the course must have their identity checked by either a photo card driving licence, Operator card or a Driver Qualification Card (DQC). This will allow FBG Training to register the driver onto the Transport for London master LoCITY database which confirms the driver has attended the course.
For a driver to be uploaded to the FORS/TfL register and/or be accredited with the Driver CPC hours they must complete the entire course.
*Occasionally images or video footage may be taken on our courses. By purchasing a ticket, you are complying with Farrow Browne Gryspeerdt Ltds terms and conditions that if images or video footage is taken, it will only be used for marketing purposes on our website or social media pages.
(If you do not wish to participate in any imagery or video, it is your responsibility to contact Farrow Browne Gryspeerdt Ltd before your course date.)*
All bookings are subject to our Cancellation Policy and by registering for a course you are agreeing to its terms. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation policy.
Before attending the training course, you must be able to answer NO to the following
1. Do you have or have you had any symptoms of COVID -19 in the last 7 days?
• New persistent cough
• High temperature
• Loss of taste or smell
2. Have you been in contact with anyone that has Covid 19 in the last 14 days?
3. Are you or a member of your household currently self-isolating?
If the answer is YES to any of these please contact the telephone number shown on the joining instructions.
If you have answered NO to the above, please attend the course.
FBG Training will be following Government guidelines in light of the current COVID – 19 pandemic.
This is to ensure everyone’s safety whilst attending. We will take your temperature upon arrival with a non-contact infrared body thermometer gauge (If your temperature is above 38 degrees you will be asked NOT to attend (Yours and each delegate’s safety is our priority).
We will provide you with a health questionnaire and request your contact details for track and tracing.
We will provide hand sanitiser which must be used before entering the room and after you have completed your registration.
We will be providing face masks and gloves for all delegates. We will provide bottled water
We would also like each delegate to bring their own pen to take notes from the course.