Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd
This policy explains when and why Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) collects your personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may share it with others, and how we keep it secure.
Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, customers, and training course attendees. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or how we handle your personal information, please contact us here.
Who are we?
Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) is a company registered in England & Wales (registration number 09448486), with its registered offices at 112 St Johns Rd Gillingham Kent ME7 5PG.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number A8378271
and act as the data controller in the collection, storage, processing, and protection of your personal information.
How do we collect information from you?
When you purchase tickets to attend a public training course via our ticketing partner, we collect information regarding the transaction and the attendees you nominate
When you purchase one or more private courses for your organisation, we collect information regarding the transaction, and the details of relevant contact persons in your organisation.
When you attend one of our training courses, we collect information from you when you fill in the course register and any supporting forms or paperwork.
We may also collect data from you when you contact us by email, or on the telephone. Some phone calls may be recorded for training or quality purposes. You will be clearly informed if this is the case.
What type of information do we collect?
When you visit our website, we will collect information about
- Your computer’s IP address
- Your browser and operating system
- Details of which pages you viewed, and the date and time at which you requested them
- The address of the webpage or source of the email message that directed you to the website
When you complete a contact form on the website, we will collect
- Your name and email address and some details about your organisation.
- Any other personal information you choose to supply via the contact form
When you purchase training for yourself or someone else, we will collect
- Your name and contact details and some details about your organisation.
- The name and contact details of designated points of contact within your organisation
- Details of your transaction, not including your credit card number
When you attend a training course, we will collect
- Your name and contact details
- Your driving licence details. If you do not hold a UK licence, this may include your nationality and date of birth
- Your employer’s name
- We may also collect your contact and payment details
How is your information used?
When you visit to our website, the information gathered is used to meet our legal obligation to ensure the security and safety of the personal information we gather, and to meet our legitimate interest in maintaining the secure and efficient operation of our website and networks to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing communications. When you complete a contact form, the information gathered is used to meet our legitimate interest in answering your query to provide a quote or take some action before entering into a contract with you to send you marketing emails, but only if you have explicitly consented to this
When you purchase training from us via our ticketing partner or through our sales team, the information gathered is used to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with the training you have purchased to meet our legitimate interest in delivering your training in a safe, efficient and timely manner to meet our legitimate interest in improving our courses and conducting internal sales analysis & market research to meet our legal obligations regarding business accountancy and tax to send you marketing material or further sales proposals, but only if you consent to this.
When you attend a course, we use your information as part of Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) ’s legitimate interest in providing you with training.
- To provide you with a certificate confirming your attendance at the course.
- To upload completed periodic training hours to the Government’s Recording and Evidencing database
- To inform TfL of your training, so that they may administer their driver passport and FORS schemes, but only if you consent to this
- To request your feedback and suggestions, but only if you consent to this
How long is your information held for?
We regularly review how long we hold your information for, to ensure we don’t keep it longer than necessary. In some cases, we hold your data because we are legally required to. When we no longer need your data, it will be destroyed or erased.
Course attendance details (your name and licence details) are for 6 years
Transaction details (not including your credit card information) are held for up to 7 years.
Details you supply about contact persons in your organisation when purchasing a private course will be held for 6 months after the course finishes
Personal information you supply about yourself when purchasing a private course will be held for 18 months after last contact
Mailing list contact details will be held until you opt to stop receiving our marketing messages, or until we elect to stop sending such messages
Who is your information shared with?
We will only share your personal data for the purposes outlined in this policy, or when we are legally required to do so, or when we have your explicit consent to do so.
When you purchase a ticket for a public course, your data is collected by our ticketing partner Eventbrite, and PayPal will process your payment. When you make a payment to us by phone, PayPal will process your payment.
When you attend a course, your information will be shared with:
- JAUPT for them to monitor and manage approved centres and the training uploaded to the DVSA system, and where necessary, share your data with member state authorities to confirm Driver CPC entitlement abroad. Contact JAUPT at email@example.com for more information.
- Your information may be uploaded to the DVSA recording and evidencing database to record your CPC training hours.
- We may share your information with Transport for London, as part of the administration of the Driver Passport and Freight Operators Recognition Scheme.
- If your training was purchased by your employer, we may report your information to them.
To conduct our business, we may also share your personal information with third parties who will process it on our behalf. These parties will only use your personal information for purposes mentioned in this policy.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our accountants, only when it is necessary to manage our accounts and tax affairs
- Advisors we may employ, only when it is necessary for them to provide relevant advice
- Our insurers, only when necessary to pursue a claim or potential claim
- Independent contractors we may employ, only when necessary for them to perform the task they have been contracted for.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
- You have the right to have any mistakes in your data corrected.
- You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Where Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) processes your data to achieve our own legitimate interests, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- If you believe Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) does not have a valid reason to process your data, you may restrict our processing of your data until we can prove that we do.
- You have the right to request that the data we hold about you is erased. For example, if you do not want to be contacted, you can ask to have your contact details removed.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, or have any other privacy questions, please email INFO@FBGTRAINING.COM
You can also write to:
Data Protection Team
Farrow Browne and Gryspeerdt Ltd (FBG Training) Limited
112 St Johns Road
How do I complain to the regulator?
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your information, please visit HTTPS://ICO.ORG.UK/CONCERNS/